ANNOUNCING: AUDITIONS FOR THE PRODUCERS
When? Friday, August 3 at 7:00 PM-9:30 PM
Saturday, August 4 at 1:00 PM-4:30 PM
Callbacks Sunday, August 5 2:00 PM-4:00 PM
Registration and Preparation There is none! Please arrive early for one of the above audition dates (Friday or Saturday) and plan to be present the entire time.
Director/ Choregrapher- Vanessa Becker Weig
Asst Director/ Choreographer – Daniel Dennert
Music Director – Alyssa Sturgill
Vocal Director – Michael Preacley
Spots for 10 Men ages 14 and Up 10 Women 14 and Up
Learn more about The Producers under the 2018-2019 Season Tab
WOODFORD THEATRE YOUNG ARTISTS 2018-2019 AUDITIONS
June 28 at 6:30 pm Woodford Theatre
Woodford Theatre Young Artists (WTYA) are a selected ensemble of musical theatre students exposed to professional and intensive training, performance opportunities and growth experiences, designed to strengthen their talents and prepare them for pursuing musical theatre or theatre in college and professionally.
WTYA train weekly with acting, vocal, dance, and design professionals, as well as master classes with renowned guest artists. This select group will participate in community events, educational travel opportunities and special performances. The WTYA curriculum focuses on discovering multiple disciplines, a variety of musical theatre dance styles and acting techniques, vocal performance, music theory, sight-reading and overall musicianship. In addition WTYA develops the artists appreciation and understanding of all aspects of theatre including technical and design.
- A 16-32 bar vocal selection.
- You may have a 60 second monologue prepared or we will give one to you to read.
- Be prepared to dance.
- Submit a photo and resume.
- Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for an audition slot and for further instructions.
- Past year participants must audition.
- There are 32 available spots.
- You may submit a video audition if you are not able to make the live auditions but please keep in mind that a love audition is always better.
The 2018.2019 Woodford Theatre Young Artist Year include:
- Sunday weekly training
- Monday or Tuesday dance class
- Master Classes with Guest Artists
- Interactive Trick Or Treat Trail performance
- Community Performances
- October Theatrical Performance
A Man Haunted (based on the writings of Edgar Allan Poe )
- Holiday Community Performance
- Junior Theatre Festival in Atlanta, Georgia.
*** we will be taking The Lion King jr.
- End of year Showcase
- We will provide full and partial work study scholarships to our interns. Interns are selected for Directing and Education, Marketing. Technical Theatre, and Dance Captain. Sophomores, Juniors, and Seniors in high school may apply. Some schools may allow for credit for our internship program.
- We have a VERY LIMITED number of need based PARTIAL scholarships. All scholarships require volunteer hours.