The most Givingful time of the year begins next Tuesday, December 3 at 9:00 AM with the launch of the 9th annual GoodGiving Challenge! If you have not donated to Woodford Theatre’s 2019 – 2020 Annual Fund, GoodGiving is the perfect time to give with matching challenges to make your dollar go further!
Hosted by the Blue Grass Community Foundation (BGCH) and Smiley Pete Publishing, the GoodGiving Challenge is a week-long online giving event that brings the region together as one community, raising money and awareness for 131 local nonprofits in nine counties in Central and Appalachia Kentucky. The GoodGiving Challenge is a community-wide celebration of local community nonprofits.
Last year, 7,564 gifts totaling $1.5 million were given to benefit 110 local nonprofits! Everyone can be a philanthropist during the GoodGiving Challenge! Every gift, no matter what size, truly makes a difference! Together, we can continue to impact our community!
Mark your calendar, set your alarm, and plan to give at https://www.bggives.org/woodfordtheatre during these challenges:
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 3 AT 9:00 AM
• The EE Murry Family Foundation is generously providing $75,000 to increase each gift made on this day by 50% (maximum of $125 per gift)
WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 4
• Like and follow BGCF on all social media platforms and stay tuned throughout the day for special prizes and announcements!
• Play trivia to win prizes for your favorite nonprofit! Download the KwizFun app (in the iTunes App Store and Google Play Store), register, select Woodford Theatre as your organization (scroll alllll the way to the bottom of the organization list), and get ready to play trivia remotely at 9:00 AM and 12:00 PM on December 4.
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 5 AT 9:00 AM
• The Blue Grass Community Foundation Endowment Challenge begins! Every nonprofit who receives donations of at least $25 from 50 different donors on this day will be entered into a drawing to win a $5,000 endowment prize from BGCF! The nonprofit with the most unique donors will receive a $15,000 endowment. The nonprofit with the second highest number of unique donors will receive a $10,000 endowment.
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6
• More special prizes and announcements on BGCF’s social media accounts throughout the day.
SATURDAY, DECEMBER 7 AT 9:00 AM
• The Mitchell Family Foundation Fast Break Challenge begins! This challenge is generously sponsored by BGCF Board Member Jenna Mitchell, her husband, UK Women’s Basketball Coach Matthew Mitchell, and their family. The first 25 nonprofits to raise $2,500 in donations during this challenge will win a $1,000 cash prize from The Mitchell Family Foundation!
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 8
• Even MORE sweepstakes and Grow Good Power Hours happening on BGCF’s Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts throughout the day!
MONDAY, DECEMBER 9
• One final match begins at 9:00 AM: the Marksbury Family Foundation has generously provided a $60,000 match pool to increase each gift on this day by 50% (maximum $500 match per gift). This match will last until the conclusion of the GoodGiving Challenge at 11:59 PM, or until the match pool is exhausted.